Friday, August 26, 2011

We meet again!

Today is our third day of the new Home School year. This week we have been going over our Kindergarten work to make sure we know all we did two months ago.

The kids are doing great and Mommy is pleased! They are working hard and keeping up without much effort.
We spent our first day of School at the Library. We took their workbooks with us and when they finished the worksheets, we picked out books to read.

Yesterday we read all of the books we checked out from the Library. The one the kids liked a lot is called Gibbus Moony wants to bite you! By, Leslie Muir. They drew pictures of their favorite part of the story.
Today is full of worksheets, reading and flashcards! I truly have missed this time with them. They are extremely bright and the amount of information they retained is amazing to me. It doesn't seem that they have forgotten anything we went over last year. That in itself is exciting for me.

Not to say that I think this Home School year is going to be a complete breeze, we all have things that don't come as easy to us as they might for others, but that is why I love Homeschooling my Children. I do set a schedule and want things done in a reasonable time but the coolest part is knowing that if either of them have any trouble with what ever we are learning in any subject, we literally could spend all day, or all week for that matter, going over that same thing until they pick it up and are comfortable enough with it to move on to the next assignment.

We haven't had this kind of circumstance come up yet and I am proud of that but it won't be a horrible set back if it does happen to. I have come to find out that by allowing them to pick which subject they want to do at certain times, allows them to be a little more excited about it. My Son loves numbers so obviously his first choice is normally Math. Where my Daughter likes to practice writing her letters and words she chooses Handwriting most of the time. We just keep going from there.

But you know, my favorite part of the day is when we do Story Time. We all cuddle up in the recliner, with our blanket, a snack and which ever book it is they want to hear. Yes, I get to spend all day with them but it's that special time when we are really spending time with each other that means the most to all three of us.

I can't wait for next week!

Take Care :)
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment