Monday, August 1, 2011

Coming Home

I have been waiting since FOREVER to post this. On Saturday evening, a little after 9pm, those of us stationed at or visiting Fort Carson had the honor of Welcoming the Soldiers of 183rd Maintenance Company back home from a year deployment to Afghanistan.
With joy and a few tears, I stood proudly with my Family clapping and cheering for all of them. My Husband, who was sent back early, was very excited to see his buddies and all that he worked with.
I felt like a proud Mommy for some reason. Some these Soldiers, I feel, are kinda like our kids, Brothers or Sisters. They are all Family. We would do anything in our capability to help them.
Watching them walk through those doors and stand in front of us... an overwhelming amount of energy filled the room. You could feel all kinds if emotions floating through the air. 
And now that they are all back home, safe, that energy, should continue to stay alive within each and every one of us. They completed their mission in Afghanistan, but ours and theirs is not over. Each and everyone of them will continue to need our love, friendship and support.
I, personally, want all Soldiers to State side and abroad to know that my Family loves, cares for and supports you PROUDLY!
With that said, if you are a Soldier, Family Member or Friend, please feel free to not only post any comments you have on here or contact me via email. I am lending you my ear. I may not have all the answers if you are asking a question but I will do everything I can to get that answer for you. If you just need some one to talk to, I am here and will get back to you ASAP!
Thank you for your Service and Sacrifice!

A Proud Army Wife, Daughter of a Marine Viet Nam Vet, and Patriotic American!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment